Blackberry season is here once again, hooray! There surely can’t be many better ways to while away a September afternoon than foraging for wild blackberries, and if you’re searching for an easy but lavish-looking dessert to show off your harvest, look no further than these little Blackberry & White Chocolate Cheesecake Cups.
I’m very chuffed to be hosting the ‘We Should Cocoa‘ chocolate challenge this month, on behalf of Choclette from Tin & Thyme. The theme I’ve chosen for September is… you guessed it, blackberries. So get blackberrying, and add your blackberry & chocolate creations to the linky below. I can’t wait to see what you all come up with!
Here’s my entry to start things off…. Blackberry & White Chocolate Cheesecake Cups.
- 150g white chocolate
- 300g blackberries
- 8 digestive biscuits
- 30g butter
- 300g soft cheese
- 140ml double cream
- 25g caster sugar + 1tbsp extra for blackberries
- Break the white chocolate into chunks, place in a microwaveable bowl, and microwave at 50% power in 30 second blasts until melted, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small saucepan, heat 150g of the blackberries with 1tbsp caster sugar and 2tbsp water - bring to a boil then reduce to a gentle simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes until the liquid is slightly reduced and syrupy. Set aside to cool.
- Place the digestive biscuits into a sandwich bag, seal and crush into fine crumbs. Melt the butter then pour into the biscuits and toss together to coat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream, cream cheese and 25g caster sugar, then when it is forming soft peaks, stir through the white chocolate.
- To layer the cheesecakes, divide the biscuit mixture between 4 glasses and press down slightly with the back of a spoon. Next, divide the cream cheese mixture between the glasses and flatten with the back of the spoon. Finally, finish by pouring over the blackcurrant syrup, and then topping with the remaining fresh blackberries.
- Chill until serving.
This month’s theme is Blackberries. Here’s how to take pert:
- Post your recipe on your blog with photographs if possible.
- Mention “We Should Cocoa” in your post and link to both this post on The Veg Space and to the We Should Cocoa homepage on Tin and Thyme.
- Add your submission to the linky below.
- Entries should be submitted no later than midnight of the 25th of the month.
- The round up of entries will be posted on The Veg Space on or before the last day of the month.
- If tweeting or instagramming, do use #WeShouldCocoa and both @TheVegSpace and @Choclette8 and we will endeavour to retweet and like all we see.
- A full round-up of entries will be posted by the end of the month. You can read the full rules on the We Should Cocoa page.