Ad: This is a sponsored post
It’s Day 2 of Cheese Sandwich Week as part of Leerdammer’s #BetterWithLeerdammer challenge, and today I’ve rustled up a delicious Scandinavian Rye Smörgåsbord.
Rye bread, pickles and dill are very typical of Scandinavian open sandwiches, and pair perfectly here with continental-style Leerdammer Light cheese. These are pretty healthy as well as delicious, (particularly as they use the lower calorie/fat version of Leerdammer), so go on, treat yourself and have two!
Please note: this recipe is not vegan. This blog has been vegan since January 2016 but recipes from before that date are vegetarian but not necessarily vegan
The Scandinavian Rye Smörgåsbord
- 8 slices cucumber
- 2 slices rye bread
- butter or margarine
- 2 slices Leerdammer Light cheese
- 4 silverskin pickled onions
- 2 gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 radishes, finely sliced
- handful fresh dill
- Slice the cucumber lengthways, (I used a potato peeler to do this). Sprinkle the slices with a little salt and place in a sieve or colander over a bowl.
- Butter the rye bread slices and place a slice of cheese on each.
- When the cucumber slices have released a little moisture, curl them on to the cheese, then top with the pickled onions, gherkins and radishes. Finish with a sprinkling of dill sprigs.
Here’s a quick roundup of my Cheese Sandwich Week posts so far:Day 1: New York Cheese & Avocado Bagel
Disclosure: I was paid to develop a recipe using Leerdammer cheese. I was not expected to write a positive review and any opinions expressed are my own.