Ad: This is a sponsored post
It’s Day 3 of Cheese Sandwich Week and the #BetterWithLeerdammer challenge, and as I’m posting this from France, (the beautiful Loire Valley), today’s cheese sandwich recipe just had to be a ‘petite baguette’.
The creamy Leerdammer Original goes beautifully with watercress and sweet figs. A quick pesto mayonnaise and sprinkling of chopped walnuts really finish this off. Pretty as a picture as well as extremely tasty… you can’t get much better than that.
Please note: this recipe is not vegan. This blog has been vegan since January 2016 but recipes from before that date are vegetarian but not necessarily vegan
Une Petite Baguette: Fig, Watercress & Cheese
- 1 small baguette
- butter or margarine
- 1 slice Leerdammer Light cheese
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp pesto
- handful fresh watercress
- 1 fresh fig, sliced
- 2 walnut halves, roughly chopped
- Slice the baguette in half, and butter.
- Mix the mayonnaise and pesto together in a small bowl and spread over the baguette. Tear the cheese slice in half and place on top of the mayonnaise.
- Add the watercress and fig slices, then finally sprinkle over the chopped walnuts.
Here’s a quick roundup of my Cheese Sandwich Week posts so far:
Disclosure: I was paid to develop a recipe using Leerdammer cheese. I was not expected to write a positive review and any opinions expressed are my own.