I almost called this recipe 'Cheat's Rice Noodle Salad' as I used a ready-made bottle of chilli, lime & coriander salad dressing from a supermarket. But is that really cheating? Or is it just making clever use of available resources? In any case, this got two-thumbs up all round at home, and is very quick to throw together thanks to the ready-made dressing!
This made quite a filling dinner, but could also be served in smaller portions as a lovely starter or even a side-dish with a buffet or BBQ.
Rice Noodle Salad with MangoBookmark Saved!
- 200 g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 carrot
- ¼ of a cucumber
- ½ a mango
- 3 spring onions
- bunch fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed
- 4-6 tbsp chilli lime & coriander salad dressing (most supermarkets stock something similar to this)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 40 g dry roasted peanuts, crushed or roughly chopped
- Soak the noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Prepare the vegetables - cut the carrot and cucumber into fine matchsticks, slice the spring onions thinly and diagonally, peel and chop the mango into small slices, finely chop the coriander stalks (setting aside the leaves for later), and finally, finely chop the chilli.
- Add the vegetables, mango, coriander and chilli to the noodles. Pour over the dressing (taste after 4 tbsp - you may need more, you may not), then add the soy sauce. Toss everything together until fully combined.
- Plate up and sprinkle over the crushed peanuts. Enjoy!
I've entered this recipe into the Meat Free Mondays challenge at the brilliant Tinned Tomatoes blog - hop over for a look!