These little biscuits are a brilliant freezer standby… make up the dough and freeze, then when someone pops round for a glass of wine you can just slice off a few rounds, get them in the oven, sit back and enjoy.
Best enjoyed straight from the oven with a cold glass of pinot grigio!
- 100 g butter
- 100 g grated cheddar cheese
- 100 g wholemeal flour
- 1 tbsp Maille wholegrain mustard with white wine & black olives
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp milk
- 100 g walnut pieces
- Beat together the butter, cheese, mustard and salt, then stir through the flour and milk to create a smooth paste. Stir through the walnuts.
- Roll into a long sausage shape about 2-3 inches in diameter, wrap in cling film and chill. (You can also freeze the dough at this stage).
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Using a sharp knife, slice off rounds from the dough (less than a centimetre thick if possible), place on a baking tray lined with parchment and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Eat immediately!