These little nibbles are morish and incredibly quick and easy to make. They have just two ingredients, (shop-bought, admittedly), which is ideal when you're in a hurry.
I made these spicy Bombay Potato Bites this week for a party which a vegan friend was coming to. If these need to be vegan make sure:
- the puff pastry is vegan (like standard Jus-Rol puff, but avoid the all-butter stuff. Most packets are clearly marked these days).
- the filling is vegan (I used Waitrose Bombay Potato which their website confirms is vegan, but their Aloo Gobi Saag isn't, for instance - if in doubt, check online).
Bombay Potato Bites (quick vegan party nibbles)
- 1 packet ready-rolled puff pastry I used Jus-Rol, which is vegan
- 1 tub Bombay Aloo/Bombay Potato I used Waitrose
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Unroll the pastry and cut in half lengthways, then cut each half into 5 rectangles.
- Brush water around the edges of each rectangle, and dollop a teaspoon of Bombay Aloo onto one end as pictured.
- Crimp all four sides with a fork, (dip the fork in flour if it starts to stick), then trim the edges neatly with a knife.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve warm..
For the non-vegans I made some of my absolute favourites.... Mini Cheese and Onion Pasties. This seems to be one of the most popular recipes on the site, so I've uploaded some new photos to the post..... click here for the recipe!
And finally... big thanks for three lovely listings recently: