It is always fascinating to discover which blog recipes become super-popular, and get lots of Pinterest Pins, re-Tweets and Facebook likes, (and similarly, which don’t!). Often, it’s not the ones I expect… and recently some of my most-viewed recipes have been the super-quick ones, using supermarket ‘cheat’ ingredients or shortcuts, which can be on the table in under half an hour for a speedy midweek supper.
With this in mind, I’m starting a ’20 minute meals’ series, (I know Jamie does 15 minute meals, but it takes me at least 5 minutes longer than him to chop things, work out where I put my potato peeler, heat up the oven, and so on!).
- 2 tbsp oil (sunflower or groundnut)
- 2 tbsp thai green curry paste (check it is vegetarian, some contain fish)
- 1 red onion, peeled and thickly sliced
- half a head broccoli, broken into small-ish florets
- 10-12 asparagus spears, cut into 3cm lengths
- 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 400 ml tin coconut milk
- 2 tsp vegetable stock powder (or 1 vegetable stock cube)
- 1 fresh red chilli, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 100 g fine rice noodles
- handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- handful dry roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 lime
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and thai curry paste. Add the red onion and fry gently for 2 minutes, then add the broccoli, asparagus and spring onions and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk, then refill the empty tin with water and add this too. Add the chilli and stock powder, then bring to a very gentle simmer.
- Next, add the noodles and cook gently for 4-5 minutes until they are soft.
- Divide the soup between 2 bowls, sprinkle with the coriander and peanuts, and squeeze over the juice of the lime.
- Serve immediately!
If you liked that, you might also like my Hot ‘n’ Sour Mushroom & Noodle Soup posted in 2011….or how about:
- Jemma’s Thai Cauliflower Cashew Soup from Celery & Cupcakes
- Lucy’s Japanese Miso, Kale & Tofu Soup from Supergolden Bakes
- Margot’s Spicy Coconut Milk Soup from Coffee & Vanilla
- Sarah’s Udon noodle Soup with Tofu, Spinach, Carrots and Baby Corn from Nosebag NI
For more Thai inspiration you might like to take a look at my Pinterest Board…. Thai Food: Vegetarian and Vegan: