Easy to make, and 100% fruit, (pineapple, mango, strawberry and lime juice), these cooling vegan ice lollies are perfect for scorching summer days.
Phew, what a scorcher! I'm not complaining about the beautiful weather, (honest), but some seriously cold after-school snacks are called for at the moment.
Cue these totally tropical sunset fruit lollies.... nothing but pure, unadulterated fruit - pineapple, mango and strawberry with a generous squeeze of lime juice.
Ice lolly moulds make these super-easy and you can wash and use them again and again, (see my recommendations below), but if you don't have any you can use small yoghurt pots or similar containers to make the lollies in.
📝 What you need
There are just four ingredients in these lovely, refreshing ice lollies - 100% fruit!
- ½ pineapple
- 2 limes
- 1 mango
- 300 g strawberries
If you're likely to make a lot of lollies during the summer, investing in some good ice lolly moulds is a great idea. You then know exactly what's in the lollies, and can mix and match your favourite flavours.
I love the shape of these lovely moulds, and you can wash and keep re-using the sticks so there's no waste at all.
👩🏽🍳 Lolly Variations
You can use just about any fruit in these luscious vegan ice lollies. How about trying:
And you can whizz up your fruit with all sorts of other flavours too:
- Vegan yoghurt
- Cold tea
- Plant milk
- Gin and tonic (grown ups only!)
- Cloudy apple juice
- Orange juice
How will you make yours?
❄️ How long do they keep in the freezer?
Homemade lollies made with fresh fruit will keep for up to two months in the freezer. They are still safe to eat after that, but lose their really fresh, zingy flavour.
🍽 If you liked that...
.... you might also enjoy these vegan recipes from The Veg Space:
Vegan Ice Lollies with mango & pineapple
- ½ pineapple (or use frozen or tinned pineapple chunks)
- 2 limes
- 1 mango (or use frozen mango)
- 300 g strawberries (or use frozen strawberries)
- Peel the pineapple and slice the flesh into chunks. Squeeze the juice from both limes into a small bowl. Tip the pineapple chunks into a blender or food processor along with about one third of the lime juice, then blitz to a smooth purêe. Tip into the base of 8 ice lolly moulds, (to fill about one third of the mould), then place in the freezer.
- Next, halve the mango, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh. Rinse your blender/food processor and tip in the mango flesh along with half the remaining lime juice. Blitz to a smooth purée, then carefully spoon over the pineapple layer into the lolly moulds. Return to the freezer.
- Finally, remove the leaves and hulls from the strawberries. Rinse the blender/food processor and add the strawberries and remaining lime juice. Blitz to a purée then carefully spoon on top of the mango layer of the lollies, until the moulds are completely full. Add the lolly sticks then freeze for 4-5 hours until completely solid.
Free 4-Week Vegan Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Vegan Meal Plan today!
Please note that all recipes and images on The Veg Space are copyright protected. If you would like to share the recipe, please use the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or copy and paste the recipe, (even if credited to The Veg Space). Many thanks for your understanding