This is a sponsored post
I mentioned last week that making bread is a simple pleasure that I don’t get around to nearly often enough, and making really good cocktails falls into the same category. Digging out the cocktail shaker, measuring the ingredients carefully, shaking over ice, straining into beautiful glasses, and going a bit overboard on the ‘garnish art’…. cocktail making is fun, and I really should do it more often.
thebar.com is a brilliant website full of really excellent cocktail recipes to suit every taste and budget. You can search by what’s in your cupboard, lower-calorie cocktails, one-unit cocktails and even alcohol-free ‘mocktails’.
This English Garden Cocktail comes from their collection of one-unit cocktails, perfect for those who are trying not to go overboard after “Dry January’ (like us!), or looking for a healthier option. It would make a perfect pre-dinner-party cocktail too, if you’re serving wine with dinner and want just a light tipple before the meal.
I love the quintessentially English flavours of this cocktail – cucumber gin, apple juice and mint, with a squeeze of lime juice. It tastes clean and fresh, an English garden in a glass – perfect for an alfresco drinks party in the summer, but just as good on a drizzly February evening!
- 25ml Gordon's Crisp Cucumber Gin
- 50ml Apple Juice
- 20ml Lime Juice
- 20ml Sugar Syrup
- 1 leaf mint
- 1 slice cucumber
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Add Gordon's Crisp Cucumber, apple juice, lime juice and sugar syrup to the shaker.
- Shake until cold.
- Strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber and a mint leaf.
….or take a look at these recipes from blogging friends:
- The Clover Leaf Cocktail from Supergolden Bakes
- Orchard Mocktail from Emily’s Recipes and Reviews
- Slow Cooker Baileys Hot Chocolate from Lovely Appetite
- Cinnamon White Russian from Foodie Couple Blog
- Pimms Mojito from Jo’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Daiquiri from Coffee and Vanilla
- A Non-alcoholic Mojito from Fab Food 4 All
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by thebar.com