If you're stuck for ideas for an informal festive supper, look no further. Pizza, the ultimate comfort food, topped with all the flavours of the season - port, stilton, walnuts and rosemary. Probably not the most authentic pizza recipe, but hey.... its Christmas!
- 500 g plain white bread mix
- 2 red onions sliced
- handful sultanas or raisins
- 10 g butter
- 2 tablespoon port
- 250 g grated mozzarella
- 6 tablespoon passata
- handful walnut halves or pieces roughly chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 4 thick slices stilton cheese broken into large-ish chunks
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Make up the bread mix according to packet instructions, and leave to rise in a warm place. Preheat your oven to 200ºC
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onions and sultanas, and turn down to a low heat. Cook very gently for 20 minutes until collapsing and translucent. Stir in the port, remove from the heat and set aside.
- When the dough has risen, divide it into 2 (or 4) equal pieces, roll each thinly on a floured surface and place on baking trays, (pizza trays with holes in the base are fantastic). Divide the passata between each base and spread right to the edges.
- Top each pizza with mozerella, then scatter with the onions and sultanas, walnuts, stilton and rosemary. Season with black pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Cook the pizzas for 12-14 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve immediately.