This Christmas Pudding Ice Cream Sauce is just perfect poured over ice cream as a really quick but delicious festive dessert, or as a homemade gift
"Wow, that actually smells just like a Christmas Pudding!"... high praise indeed, and guess what - it tastes just like a Christmas Pudding too. If you're in need of a crowd-pleasing festive dessert but don't want to spend hours in the kitchen, you can't go wrong with this super-speedy ice cream sauce.
This is simply a (slightly boozy) toffee sauce, with all the best bits of a Christmas pudding piled into it - sultanas, dried figs, orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg and brandy. It will take you less than 10 minutes to make, but is memorably good poured (still warm) over a good-quality vegan vanilla ice cream. After a large-ish lunch I'm not often in the mood for a heavy pudding with custard, but somehow there's always a little bit of room for a scoop of ice cream.
Festive Ice Cream Sauce
This would also make a really lovely homemade gift, poured into a sterilised jar and tied with a pretty ribbon. It will keep for a few months in the fridge.
If you liked that...
.... you might also enjoy these vegan recipes from The Veg Space:
Christmas Pudding Ice Cream Sauce
- 50 g dairy-free margarine
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 125 g light brown sugar
- 100 ml dairy-free cream (oat or soya)
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup or black treacle
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 50 g raisins
- 25 g chopped dried figs or dates
- zest of 1 orange
- 50 ml brandy or sherry
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan, and add the cinnamon and nutmeg and stir well to ensure there are no lumps.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (except the brandy or sherry), and bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat, stir through the brandy or sherry, and leave to cool - it will thicken as it cools.
- Serve - for instance over vegan ice cream, scattered with chopped pecan nuts. The sauce will keep in an airtight tub or jar in the fridge for two months.
Free 4-Week Vegan Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Vegan Meal Plan today!
For more quick and easy vegan recipes take a look at my latest book Vegan in 15.
"Brilliant! Chock full of easy recipes and great tips and advice" Hello! Magazine
Please note that all recipes and images on The Veg Space are copyright protected. If you would like to share the recipe, please use the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or copy and paste the recipe, (even if credited to The Veg Space). Many thanks for your understanding