Its been really interesting to read your comments and replies this month as I’ve posted a picture a day on Twitter and Facebook of what we’re having for dinner during ‘Veganuary’. Two photos in particular have had a particularly good response and a number of you have asked for recipes, so here goes:
Recipe: Udon Noodles with Thai Coconut Vegetables
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Selection of vegetables sliced (I used 1 onion, 1 red pepper, chestnut mushrooms, and a pack of baby corn and sugar snap peas)
- 2 tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste check it is vegetarian - see here for some suggestions
- 400 ml tin light coconut milk
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 red chilli seeds removed and finely sliced.
- 250 g dried Udon Noodles I used ASDA's
- 1 lime
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan or saucepan, and add the vegetables. Fry gently for 5 minutes until beginning to soften, then add the thai curry paste and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk, add the chilli and crumble in the stock cube. Simmer for 5 minutes then taste and season with salt if required.
- Add the noodles to the pan and simmer for a further 3-4 minutes until they are just cooked through. Quarter the lime, and serve a wedge with each portion.
- Easy peasy!