This is a sponsored post
Is there anything more deliciously naughty-but-nice than oozing melted cheese? Surely not, so I was more than excited to discover Leerdammer’s Toastie and Burger cheese – made to a richer, creamier recipe, just perfect for melting. Of course I couldn’t just take their word for it, so tested it out with these bite-sized Melting Mexican Mini-Quesadillas.
I make quesadillas a lot, (as I’ve mentioned here and here), but thought I would have a go at something more sandwich-sized, (and easier to share with a toddler for lunch!). Making these in a dry frying pan is super-quick and easy. Made with avocado, red onion, salsa and fresh coriander, consider them a lovely Mexican twist on a cheese toastie.
- 2 tortilla wraps
- 4 slices Leerdammer Toastie & Burger cheese
- half a red onion, finely sliced
- half an avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 tsp tomato salsa
- handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Use a pastry cutter roughly 4 inches in diameter, (or cut around a large glass with a knife), to cut out 4 circles from each tortilla. Cut out one circle of the same size from each slice of cheese.
- Take 4 of the tortilla circles and top each with a slice of cheese, slices of red onion and avocado, a spoonful of salsa and a sprinkle of coriander.
- Heat up a large frying pan and place the quesadillas in carefully. Cook for 1-2 minutes until starting to turn golden brown on the bottom, then flip over and cook for a further minute on the other side.
Here’s a quick roundup of my Cheese Sandwich Week posts:
Disclosure: I was paid to develop a recipe using Leerdammer cheese. I was not expected to write a positive review and any opinions expressed are my own.