Ad: This is a sponsored post
There’s now’t more British than a lovely ploughman’s lunch, and piling a ploughman’s between two slices of bread must surely be the ultimate cheese sandwich. What a fitting end to Cheese Sandwich Week and the #BetterWithLeerdammer challenge.
A couple of slices of creamy Leerdammer Original are piled up with picked onions, fruit chutney, lettuce, tomato and a wholegrain mustard mayonnaise. Finishing touches of fresh, juicy pear slices set this off beautifully.
Taking part in the #BetterWithLeerdammer challenge has been lots of fun, and eating cheese sandwiches every day for a week was, surprisingly, not a chore at all as they were all so different!
Please note: this recipe is not vegan. This blog has been vegan since January 2016 but recipes from before that date are vegetarian but not necessarily vegan
Cheese & Pear Ploughman's
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 slices Leerdammer Original
- 1 large pickled onion, thickly sliced
- half a pear, thinly sliced
- half a tomato, thickly sliced
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp fruit chutney
- Butter each slice of sourdough. Mix the mustard and mayonnaise together and spread over one slice. Top with the cheese slices, pickled onion, pear, tomato and lettuce.
- Spread the other slice of bread with the fruit chutney.
- Sandwich together, slice in half and tuck in!
Here’s a quick roundup of my Cheese Sandwich Week posts:
Disclosure: I was paid to develop a recipe using Leerdammer cheese. I was not expected to write a positive review and any opinions expressed are my own.