Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Ocado
Happy National Vegetarian Week one and all! I hope you have been celebrating in style and taking the opportunity to try some new recipes and interesting ingredients.
The lovely people at Ocado fittingly chose this week to launch their new vegetarian shop, and offered me the opportunity to try some of its products, err… yes please! Like a kid in a sweetshop, I could wax lyrical about all the yummy products they now have in store, but instead will just suggest that you hop right over there now and have a look, you won’t be disappointed: www.ocado.com/vegetarian
Particularly veggie-tastic favourites include:
- Tabasco Chipotle & Bourbon Table Sauce Yes – actually as good as it sounds.
- Goody Good Stuff vegetarian Cola Bottles Gelatine-free sour chewy sweets – HOORAY.
- Divo Grated Italian Hard Cheese ie. vegetarian parmesan – nice one Aldo Zilli.
- Brindisa Empeltre Black Olive Pate or anchovy-free tapenade.
- Kallo’s Organic Mushroom Stock Cubes Genius idea Kallo!
Today’s recipe is a speedy weeknight supper I put together with some lovely Ocado goodies. You heard last week how much I love any food with ‘Giant’ in its name, so true to form, here’s some deliciously herby giant cous cous with asparagus and lemon, peas and pine nuts. Below the recipe you will find links to the specific ingredients I used.
- 150g giant cous cous
- 100g asparagus tips
- 100g frozen peas
- 3 tbsp walnut oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Handful fresh parsley
- Handful fresh mint
- Handful baby spinach
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the giant cous cous. After 5 minutes, add the asparagus and peas and boil for a further 4 minutes.
- Whilst the cous cous is cooking, in a mini-blender (or just a bowl, sharp knife and elbow grease!), blitz the walnut oil, lemon juice, parsley and mint.
- Drain the cous cous, and immediately stir through the herby dressing, and the baby spinach.
- Divide between two plates, and scatter with the pine nuts and lemon zest.