Is there anything more deliciously naughty-but-nice than oozing melted vegan cheese? Surely not.
I make quesadillas a lot, (as I've mentioned here and here), but thought I would have a go at something more sandwich-sized, (and easier to share with a toddler for lunch!). Making these in a dry frying pan is super-quick and easy. Made with avocado, red onion, salsa and fresh coriander, consider them a lovely Mexican twist on a cheese toastie.
Melting Mexican Mini-Quesadillas
- 2 tortilla wraps
- 4 slices vegan cheese
- half red onion finely sliced
- half avocado peeled and sliced
- 4 teaspoon tomato salsa
- handful fresh coriander roughly chopped
- Use a pastry cutter roughly 4 inches in diameter, (or cut around a large glass with a knife), to cut out 4 circles from each tortilla. Cut out one circle of the same size from each slice of cheese.
- Take 4 of the tortilla circles and top each with a slice of vegan cheese, slices of red onion and avocado, a spoonful of salsa and a sprinkle of coriander.
- Heat up a large frying pan and place the quesadillas in carefully. Cook for 1-2 minutes until starting to turn golden brown on the bottom, then flip over and cook for a further minute on the other side.