These crispy and delicious stir-fried Christmas Brussels Sprouts with ginger & sesame are crispy and delicious, no soggy sprouts here!
You can't have Christmas Dinner without a bowl of sprouts, but let's face it, when boiled and soggy they really do live up to Nigel Slater's scathing description: “Why are you even thinking of buying a bag of pungent, watery balls that give you wind?”.
However, here's a method of cooking which I've found transforms them into something completely different. Crunchy, with golden crispy edges and flavoured with ginger and sesame seeds, there's absolutely nothing stinky about these little beauties!
This forms part of the easy, prep-ahead Veggie & Vegan Christmas Dinner series running this week here on The Veg Space. Make sure you're following on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter so you don't miss a recipe!
Already posted are recipes for the centrepiece, Porcini & Chestnut Mini Roasts, and Garlic & Rosemary Roast Potatoes, and still to come are some Orange & Maple Carrots plus some other festive treats next week.
Prep Ahead Christmas Sprouts
To prepare ahead, peel and halve the sprouts the day before, and store them in an airtight container in the fridge overnight.
If you liked that...
.... you might also enjoy these vegan recipes from The Veg Space:
Christmas Brussels Sprouts with ginger & sesame
- 500 g brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoon rapeseed or olive oil
- 2 teaspoon ready-chopped ginger / ginger purée
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Trim the stalk ends off the sprouts, remove the outer leaves and chop them in half.
- Heat the oil in a large, lidded frying pan (or a casserole or large saucepan with a lid would also work), and add the ginger followed by the sprouts. Season generously with salt and black pepper, then cover with the lid and cook over a medium heat for 8-9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts are cooked through but still retain some bite.
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and stir through the sprouts, cook for a further minute, uncovered, then serve.
Free 4-Week Vegan Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Vegan Meal Plan today!
For more quick and easy vegan recipes take a look at my latest book Vegan in 15.
"Brilliant! Chock full of easy recipes and great tips and advice" Hello! Magazine
Please note that all recipes and images on The Veg Space are copyright protected. If you would like to share the recipe, please use the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or copy and paste the recipe, (even if credited to The Veg Space). Many thanks for your understanding