This is a sponsored post
The ‘Roaring Twenties’ – a time of flappers, parties, new fashions, new cars, new foods, and fabulous cocktails. I was recently challenged by Rennie® to create a recipe inspired by the 1920s, as part of their ‘Cooking Through the Decades‘ Campaign.
My thoughts immediately turned to Great Gatsby-style parties, and specifically to cocktails, and I decided to turn the iconic ‘Bellini’ cocktail of prosecco and peach purée into an elegant and refreshing dinner party dessert in the form of jelly.
Jelly is a rare treat for vegetarians & vegans, as it is usually made with gelatine (pork or occasionally beef), but here I’ve used a vegetarian alternative which is widely available at supermarkets in the baking section.
It isn’t so easy to see in the photos, but in fact all the tiny bubbles of prosecco are suspended in the jelly, which makes these look stunning up close, and tingle the tongue as you eat them. Such a refreshing and fun dessert.
Prosecco & Peach Jellies
- 250 g peaches (either tinned, drained or fresh, peeled and stoned)
- 750 ml prosecco
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 75 g caster sugar
- 2 sachets vege-gel or other vegetarian gelatine alternative
- Blitz the peaches in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour the prosecco, lemon juice, peach purée and sugar into a saucepan. Add the vege-gel sachet and whisk until fully dissolved.
- Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved, then bring to the boil and remove from the heat. Set aside to cool slightly for a 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture carefully into each glass, (tip the glass to a 45 degree angle whilst pouring, to preserve bubbles), then place in the fridge to set. This will take about 2 hours.
Many adults suffer from heartburn, indigestion and trapped wind at some point in their lives. The symptoms are triggered by what you eat, how you eat or a busy, stressful lifestyle. Rennie® is a range of fast-acting, effective treatments that help to relieve the associated pain and discomfort so you can get on with your life. Rennie® comes in a wide range of flavours and packs. It is a tried and trusted remedy for more than 70 years.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Rennie. All opinions are my own.