Finding vegan fillers for sandwiches and wraps can sometimes be a challenge, so here’s a super-quick recipe for a ‘throw it all in and blitz’ pâté that is lip-smackingly tasty, packed with protein, and keeps well in the fridge to use whenever you need it.
This isn’t just for sandwiches, but also makes a great dinner party starter with crispy toast and green salad, a simple party dip for crisps or crudités, or serve it with crackers in place of a cheeseboard.
Smooth & Tasty Vegan Pate
Using the oil from the sun-dried tomato jar or tub makes this extra tomato-ey, with lemon juice and fresh thyme to finish it with a zing.
Who knew butterbeans could taste so good?!
Butterbeans are nutritional powerhouses for vegans – rich in protein but low in fat, and also a good source of fibre, iron and B-vitamins.
How to use your vegan pate
I use this pate or dip in all sorts of ways:
- A tasty filling for jacket potatoes
- A sandwich spread, particularly good with sliced beetroot (cooked, not the vinegary stuff!) and salad leaves
- A dinner party starter served with crispy toast and a green salad
- A party dip for crudites and breadsticks
- A ‘cheeseboard’ replacement with crackers and grapes
- Even tossed through pasta as a ‘sauce’
Why not pin the recipe on Pinterest to share with friends or save for later? —>
Sun-Dried Tomato Butterbean Pâté
- 400 g tin butterbeans
- 10 slices sun-dried tomatoes (from a jar or tub)
- 2 tbsp oil (from sun-dried tomato jar/tub)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3-4 tbsp water
- salt and black pepper
- Drain and rinse the butterbeans and tip into a blender or food processor. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, oil, lemon juice, leaves from the thyme sprigs, and 3 tbsp water.
- Blitz to a smooth paste, then taste and add salt and black pepper as required. If the pâté is a little too stiff, add another tbsp of water and blitz again.
- Serve with toast or as a filling for sandwiches, wraps or bagels.
There are plenty of similarly quick and easy recipes in my new book, ‘Vegan in 15‘*. Hop over to Amazon for a look. Thanks for your support!
And if you haven’t yet signed up, you can get a monthly roundup of all my recipes and giveaways delivered to your inbox absolutely free – just click here to subscribe to The Veg Space monthly newsletter.