You will either love or hate these little Marmite & Mozzarella Flatbreads, but if you're a marmite lover do give them a try - they are totally more-ish and you won't be able to stop at one! They absolutely must be eaten straight away whilst the cheese is still oozing.
If its not BBQ season you can still make these - a dry frying pan works just as well as the BBQ.
Marmite & Mozzarella Flatbreads
- 1 packet white bread mix
- 200 g grated mozzarella
- Squeezy Marmite
- Olive Oil
- Make up a packet of plain white bread mix according to packet instructions. Leave to rise.
- Divide into 16. Sprinkle surface with semolina (or flour). Roll each out into a rough circle. Squeeze or spread with marmite, (squeezy bottles make this job much easier!) and sprinkle with grated mozzarella. Moisten all edges with water, fold in half to completely encase the filling, and roll out again to flatten and seal.
- Generously grease a large baking tray with olive oil and lay out your flatbreads one by one as you make them.
- Fire up the barbie. Place each flatbread directly onto it, and leave well alone for 1-2 minutes until one side is cooked. Flip over and cook for a further minute.
- Enjoy straight off the barbie whilst the dough is still warm and the cheesy-marmite-y filling is still oozing. Yum!
2. Reggae Reggae Potato Skewers
- Halve some small waxy potatoes and microwave for 4-5 minutes until almost tender.
- Toss in olive oil and lashings of reggae reggae sauce, thread onto wooden skewers that have been soaked in water, then place on the BBQ turning occasionally until cooked throughout and skins are crispy, (perhaps not quite as crispy as that one in the middle.... oops!).