A collection of 34 of the best Vegetarian Roast recipes from around the internet. Vegetarian Sunday dinner recipes to serve with roast potatoes, gravy and all the trimmings!
Catering for a vegetarian at a traditional Sunday roast dinner can be daunting if you don’t regularly cook vegetarian food.
But don’t panic! Help is at hand – here are 34 fabulous recipes to help you find inspiration for a crowd-pleasing veggie option to team with roast potatoes, gravy and all the trimmings.
I’ve divided them into nine categories including pies, savoury puddings, nut roasts, tarts, stuffed vegetables and so on, and the recipes range from the simplest of assembly-jobs to more involved recipes for confident cooks.
Vegetarian Roast Dinners
1. Red Onion, Feta & Sweet Potato Galette from Recipes from a Pantry
2. Mushroom & Merlot ‘Posh’ Pasties from The Veg Space
3. Butter Bean Pie from Planet Veggie
4. Hearty Mushroom, Ale & Puy Lentil Pie from The Veg Space
5. Swiss-Style Homity Pie from The Veg Space
6. Bulgur Wheat & Pesto Stuffed Aubergines from Family Friends Food
7. Roasted Aubergine Cabbage Rolls from Rough Measures
8. Baked Onions with Hazelnut, Sultana and Feta Stuffing from The Veg Space
9. Baked Portobello Mushrooms with Cranberry & Pistachio Stuffing from Riverford Organics
10. Moroccan Stuffed Romano Peppers from The Veg Space
10a. Stuffed Butternut Roast from The Veg Space
11. Rainbow Chard Soufflé from Fab Food 4 All
12. Cheese & Tarragon Soufflé from Nigel Slater for the Guardian
13. Roasted Cauliflower & Cheddar Soufflé from The Veg Space
14. Jerusalem Artichoke & Goat’s Cheese Soufflé by Yotam Ottolenghi for the Guardian
Vegetarian Sunday Dinners
15. Borlotti & Red Wine Pie topped with Kale Mash from The Veg Space
16. Lentil Shepherd’s Pie with Champ by Sophie Dahl for the BBC
17. Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie with Goat’s Cheese Mash from Delia Online
17a. Veggie Shepherds’ Pie Jacket Potatoes from The Veg Space
18. How to Cook The Perfect Nut Roast by Felicity Cloake for The Guardian
19. Aubergine Five-Nut Roast from Mary Berry
20. Vegetarian Wellington with Garlic Gravy from Lidl Magazine
21. Vegan Nut Roast from Jamie Oliver
22. Brie, Potato and Mushroom Tart from Tinned Tomatoes
23. Tenderstem Broccoli & Camembert Croissant Tarts from The Veg Space
24. Quick Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Tart with Balsamic Red Onions from The Veg Space
Vegetarian Roast Ideas
STEAMED PASTRY & SAVOURY PUDDINGS
25. Stilton & Leek Bread & Butter Bake from Delicious Magazine
26. Feta & Red Onion Marmalade Roly-Poly from The Veg Space
27. Mushroom & Stout Pudding from Suma
28. Savoury Mushroom & Leek Puddings from Allotment2Kitchen
29. Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding from Waitrose Recipes
29a. The Ultimate Vegan Moussaka from The Veg Space
30. Pumpkin Mac & Cheese from The Petite Cook
31. Baked Tortellini & Broccoli with a Garlic Bread Crust from The Veg Space
32. Squash & Ricotta Pasta Bake from The Petite Cook
STUFFED YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS
33. Trio of Yorkshire Puddings from The Veg Space
Are there any vegetarian Sunday Lunch recipes you’ve tried and tested which you could add to the list? What’s your favourite vegetarian dish to serve alongside roast potatoes and all the trimmings?
Please do save this post on Pinterest –> –> –> Sharing my posts helps me to keep creating free vegan recipes!
I love hearing from you! Do send me pictures of your very own vegetarian roast dinners on:
tagging me @thevegspace or using the hashtag #thevegspace to show me how you got on!
For more Vegetarian Sunday Lunch inspiration, hop over to my Pinterest Board Sunday Lunches & Roast Dinners: Vegetarian and Vegan
Free 4-Week Vegan Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Vegan Meal Plan today!
Vegan in 15 Cookbook
There are plenty of similarly quick and easy recipes in my new book, ‘Vegan in 15‘*.
Hop over to Amazon for a look. Thanks for your support!