These aubergine miso wedges are packed with flavour and so easy to make. Coated with a sticky miso and sesame glaze with sesame seeds, and a creamy tahini dip.
🍴 Why you will love this recipe
Aubergine is a vegetable like no other, with its silky, savoury flesh. When roasted it is transformed, and these aubergine miso wedges have a crispy, sesame-coated crust and flavour-packed flesh.
They are very easy to make, either in an oven or an air-fryer, and can be on the table in as little as 20 minutes. The creamy tahini and vegan yoghurt dip is a perfect match for dipping into or smearing over the wedges.
📝 What you need
Aubergines I tend to choose fairly small aubergines so that the wedges are a manageable size, but if you only have huge ones you could cut them into smaller wedges instead. Baby aubergines are also brilliant in this recipe, cut lengthways into quarters.
Miso paste gives a deeply savoury and very more-ish flavour to these wedges. Look out for it in jars in the Japanese section in supermarkets.
Vegan Greek Yoghurt I love the thick oat yoghurt pictured above, but any thick greek-style dairy-free yoghurt will work well, as long as it is unsweetened.
Tahini is sesame seed paste, and a perfect flavour match with these aubergine miso wedges.
👩🏽🍳 How to make your aubergine miso wedges
For a full, printable recipe with ingredients and detailed instructions, scroll to the bottom of this page 👇🏼 .
Slice the aubergines into six large wedges. Mix together the sesame oil, miso paste, ginger and garlic.
Brush the miso mixture all over the wedges and place them skin-side down on a large baking tray. Roast for 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy. Scatter with sesame seeds 5 minutes before the end of cooking time.
Mix the vegan greek yoghurt, tahini and chopped spring onion to make the dip. Serve the aubergine miso wedges with the dip on the side.
🔪 Top Tips & FAQs
Keep an eye on the wedges in the oven - they need to come out when they are golden and crispy all over but before they completely collapse.
For a spicy twist add some chilli flakes to the miso marinade mixture.
Yes, these are perfect for air-frying. Just preheat your air fryer to 180°C / 360°F, then prepare the wedges as below. Cook for 10-12 minutes, shaking and turning occasionally, until crispy and golden.
No, they are not suitable for freezing.
Aubergine Miso Wedges with tahini dip
For the aubergine miso wedges:
- 2 aubergines
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste / purée or 2cm finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste / purée or 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the tahini dip:
- 1 spring onion
- 100 g dairy-free greek yoghurt unsweetened - oat or soya
- 2 tablespoon tahini
For the aubergine miso wedges:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan) / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Trim the ends from the aubergines and slice each in half, then each half into 3 wedges.
- In a small bowl mix together the sesame oil, miso paste, ginger and garlic paste. Brush the paste all over each of the aubergine wedges including the skin, then place them skin-down on a large baking tray. Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Roast the wedges for 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy, turning occasionally. 5 minutes before the end of cooking time, scatter with the sesame seeds and toss until fully coated.
To make the tahini dip:
- Trim and finely chop the spring onion.
- In a small bowl mix the yoghurt, tahini and spring onion and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Serve the aubergine wedges with the dip on the side.
Free 4-Week Vegan Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Vegan Meal Plan today!
Please note that all recipes and images on The Veg Space are copyright protected. If you would like to share the recipe, please use the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or copy and paste the recipe, (even if credited to The Veg Space). Many thanks for your understanding