As a vegetarian, I’ve often found myself in the situation where I’m ravenously hungry at a drinks reception, but all the canapés coming past involve smoked salmon or prosciutto, or other meaty treats. A very first-world problem, I know, but there you go!
So, as party season approaches, I thought a quick roundup of ideas for vegetarian party nibbles & canapés would be a useful resource. You might also be interested in my equivalent vegan roundup: 63 Vegan Canapés & Party Food Recipes.
If you’re planning a party and are looking for some inspiration, you can’t go wrong with this lot!
Vegetarian Party Food
Breads & Mini-Pizzas
- Pistachio, Feta & Pomegranate Crostini from Recipes from a Pantry
- Healthy Taco Pizza Cones from The Petite Cook
- Mini Calzones from The Veg Space
- Mini Pizza Tartlets from Utterly Scrummy Food for Families
- Cheat’s Feta Flatbreads from The Veg Space
- Seedy Spelt Flatbreads from The Veg Space
Asian-Inspired Vegetarian Canapés
- Chilli-Peanut Vietnamese Rolls from The Veg Space
- Courgette & Baobab Bhajis from The Botanical Kitchen
- Bombay Potato Bites from The Veg Space
- Vegetarian Hand-Rolled Maki (Temaki) from delicious Magazine
Vegetable-based Buffet Bites
- Creamy Jalapeno Mini-Pepper Bites from The Veg Space
- Mini Baked Potato Bites from Eats Amazing
- Sweet Potato Rounds with Goat’s Cheese & Cranberry from The Veg Space
- Aubergine Rolls with Pesto from delicious Magazine
Mini Pastries and Scones
- Herby Courgette Canapes from The Botanical Kitchen
- Savoury Chocolate Mushroom Vol au Vents from Tin & Thyme
- Mini Cheese & Onion Pasties from The Veg Space
- Beetroot Bites from The Botanical Kitchen
- Pesto, Mascarpone & Tomato Wheels from delicious Magazine
- Simple but Sensational Vegetarian Sausage Rolls from The Veg Space
- Tiny Cheese, Onion & Olive Scones from Delia Online
- Leek, Blue Cheese & Brussels Sprout Mini-Pasties from The Veg Space
Egg-based Vegetarian Party Food
- Red Pepper, Spinach and Cheese Egg Muffins from Celery & Cupcakes
- Truffle & Parmesan Potato Scotch Eggs from delicious Magazine
- Mini Quiche Bites from The Veg Space
- Rainbow Omelette Cakes from Eats Amazing
Savoury Biscuits & Crackers
- Walnut & Mustard Cheesy Biscuits from The Veg Space
- Artisan Cheese Crackers by Dan Lepard for The Guardian
- How to Cook the Perfect Oatcakes by Felicity Cloake for The Guardian
Vegetarian Finger Food
- Sweet & Spicy Nuts from BBC Good Food
- Warm Six-Spiced Party Nuts from The Veg Space
- Festive Honey-Roasted Nuts from Jamie Oliver
Vegetarian Mini-Burgers & Sliders
- Beetroot & Halloumi Sliders with Chilli Jam from Olive Magazine
- Trio of Vegetarian Sliders (Mini-Burgers) from The Veg Space
- Mini Veggie Burgers & Salsa from BBC Good Food
Mexican-inspired Vegetarian Canapés
- Sweet Potato & Cavolo Nero Tacos from The Veg Space
- Tortilla Chips with Guacamole from The Veg Space
- Sweet Potato Quesadillas from Anna Jones
- Feta, Sweetcorn & Courgette Tacos from The Veg Space
- Beetroot, Sour Cream & Walnut Blinis from The Veg Space
- Mini Blinis with Grilled Vegetables and Lemon Cream from Planet Plant Based
- How to cook the perfect Blinis by Felicity Cloake for The Guardian
I hope those are helpful – enjoy the party!
Please do save this post on Pinterest –> –> –> Sharing my posts helps me to keep creating free vegan recipes!
I love hearing from you! Do send me pictures of your very own vegetarian canapés and vegetarian party food on:
tagging me @thevegspace or using the hashtag #thevegspace to show me how you got on!
THE VEG SPACE E-NEWSLETTER
If you haven’t yet signed up, you can get a regular roundup of all my recipes and giveaways delivered to your inbox absolutely free – just click here to subscribe to The Veg Space monthly newsletter.
Vegan in 15 Cookbook
There are plenty of similarly quick and easy recipes in my new book, ‘Vegan in 15‘*.
Hop over to Amazon for a look. Thanks for your support!