These Sweet Chilli Noodles with exotic mushrooms are so quick and easy to make, and taste incredible, with crunchy cashews and sweet chilli sauce.
These noodles are incredibly quick and easy to make (10 minutes if you put your mind to it!), and taste fantastic too. Just the sort of dinner we've been eating a lot of since baby #2 arrived six weeks ago.
I'm quickly re-learning the art of one-handed cooking, and eating a meal whilst it is still hot with both a knife and fork seems a dim and distant memory!
Variety packs of fresh 'exotic' or 'speciality' mushrooms are now sold in most supermarkets, or you can use a mixture of shiitake, oyster, enoki and any other exotic varieties you can get hold of. They aren’t the cheapest mushrooms around, but the combination of textures and flavours are well worth it.
Sweet chilli sauce really isn’t particularly spicy, so if you want to turn up the heat a little, add a thinly sliced red chilli to the pan with the mushrooms.
Who needs a takeaway when this will be on the table in less than 15 minutes?!
📝 What you need
- Mixed ‘exotic’ mushrooms (I used a mix of oyster and shiitake, but any combination of mushrooms will do)
- Spring onions
- Cashew nuts
- Wholewheat noodles (check they are egg-free)
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Soy sauce
- Rapeseed or sunflower oil
👩🏽🍳 Noodle Variations
You can use this basic 10-minute noodle recipe to make all sorts of different noodle dishes. How about trying:
- Peanut & Lime Swap the cashews for dry roasted peanuts and add 1 tbsp peanut butter and the juice of 1 lime at the end of cooking.
- Vegan 'Chicken' Add your favourite vegan 'chicken' pieces to the pan along with (or instead of) the mushrooms and fry gently.
- Tenderstem Broccoli Use half the quantity of mushrooms and add 10-12 stalks of trimmed Tenderstem broccoli to the pan.
- Garlic & Ginger Add 1 tsp each of ready-chopped garlic and ginger to the pan.
- Mixed Pepper Swap the mushrooms for 2 peppers. thickly sliced.
How will you make yours?
🍽 What else can I make with noodles?
If you're looking for quick noodle dishes, take a look at:
Please do save this sweet chilli noodles recipe on Pinterest --> --> --> Sharing my posts helps me to keep creating free vegan recipes!
I love hearing from you! Do send me pictures of your very own sweet chilli noodles on:
tagging me @thevegspace or using the hashtag #thevegspace to show me how you got on!
And if you have tried this recipe, please do leave a star rating and comment below which is so helpful for other readers wanting to try the recipe. 👇🏼
For more quick and easy vegan recipes take a look at my latest book Vegan in 15.
"Brilliant! Chock full of easy recipes and great tips and advice" Hello! Magazine
Free 4-Week Vegan Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Vegan Meal Plan today!
🍽 If you liked that...
.... you might also enjoy these vegan recipes from The Veg Space:
Please note that all recipes and images on The Veg Space are copyright protected. If you would like to share the recipe, please use the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or copy and paste the recipe, (even if credited to The Veg Space). Many thanks for your understanding
Sweet Chilli Noodles with exotic mushrooms and cashews
- 2 tbsp rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 200 g mixed ‘exotic’ mushrooms (or a mix of oyster and shiitake)
- 4 spring onions
- 3 tbsp cashew nuts
- 150 g (3 nests) wholewheat noodles (check they are egg-free)
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 150 ml water
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Halve or quarter any large mushrooms, leaving smaller ones whole, and add to the pan.
- Trim and slice the spring onions and add to the pan, along with the cashew nuts.
- Add noodles to the boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes until just cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- In a mug or small bowl, mix the chilli sauce, soy sauce and water to a smooth sauce.
- When the mushrooms are cooked and cashews are golden brown, tip the sauce into the frying pan, and when it is bubbling, add the noodles.
- Stir to combine, then serve immediately.